with Savonn Wyland
March 16th – 29th, 2019 on the Osa Peninsula, CR
$500 deposit secures your spot
The retreat is held at Boca Sombrero on the Southern end of the Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica. The pristine rainforests and rugged natural beauty of the Osa Peninsula make this region among the most beautiful areas in Costa Rica. Join us in this magical spot for:
- Daily Yoga Classes taught by Savonn. The classes will be theme based and will be a blend of styles to best fit the overall group and time of day. You will experience a variety of nurturing classes that will enable you to feel focused and clear, and depending on the type of practice more energized or relaxed.
- Meals- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks: Local chef, Lily Murillo Abarca, prepares delicious meals using fresh and seasonal ingredients. Each morning begins with tropical fruits, yogurt, homemade granola and fresh brewed coffee and tea. 2nd breakfast follows the first yoga session, lunch is mid-day and dinner around 7pm. Each meal is well thought out, expertly prepared, delicious and filling.
- 8 days and 7 nights at Boca Sombrero. Boca Sombrero is an ocean front retreat center set in the famous rainforest of Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula.
- The Osa Penisula alone is worth the trek to see all manner of bio-diversity and wildlife including monkeys, sloths, exotic birds and more.
- Sand, Surf and Sun: Miles of un-populated beaches with tide pools, seashells, and a refreshing freshwater stream that is meters from the sea. A private, pristine surf break is minutes from the yoga deck. There is 1 swimming pool, 1 cold plunge pool, plenty of tide pools and plenty of spots for ocean swimming.
- Time to Relax, Renew and Restore: Hammock-swinging and long languid afternoons with a book or journal, or time to daydream and nap.
Learn more, get answers to FAQs, and browse the photo gallery here!
Instructor — Savonn Wyland
Savonn’s approach to teaching is to provide skillful and detailed instruction, non-dogmatic and grounded inspiration, along with mindful intention and awareness. She weaves in many different styles and approaches to her creative sequencing and theme based classes.
She recognizes the importance of an integrated approach to health and wellbeing. She believes that yoga and other meditative and expressive arts are a great complement to athletic, professional and creative pursuits.
Her classes, workshops and retreats offer an opportunity to tap into the transformational energy present when a group comes together to practice without losing the power of personal inquiry and expression. Her one-on-one sessions help to better tailor a personal practice, to address individual concerns, modifications and questions, and to make sure the practice stays safe, nurturing and fun.