with Savonn Wyland
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Panama: Sunday, December 30 – Saturday, January 5, 2019
Ring in 2019 and set yourself up for the best year yet! Enjoy 6 nights – 7 Days of Sunshine, Saltwater, & Yoga in Cambutal, Panama – Located at the southernmost point of Panama in the Azuero Peninsula in the province of Los Santos.
Cultivate connections with new friends, create positive habits and give yourself the opportunity to revive your energies. On retreat you can practice yoga every day, unwind, tune into yourself, learn something new, go surfing, swimming, and so much more. Come along- make the time to take care of yourself, REFLECT – REJOICE – RELAX – REFRESH and return home feeling inspired and full of life.
Please note: Sansara Resort is handling registrations for this retreat. The Sign Up link will take your directly to their site where you can pay your deposit and reserve your spot for the retreat.
- Daily yoga classes taught by Savonn. The open-air yoga shala is constructed with an intricate palm thatched design and boasts phenomenal views of the Pacific Ocean. No need to bring your own mat or props. The shala is outfitted with bolsters, half moon yoga mats, straps, and wooden blocks.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration
- New Year Intention Setting Workshop
- Delicious meals. Dinner the day of arrival, breakfast the day of departure and for the 5 days in between 3 healthy balanced meals each day; featuring the finest, local and seasonal ingredients Panama has to offer. Sansara specializes in farm to table food with a majority of the ingredients made in-house with local produce and fresh seafood. Fresh fruit, local fair trade coffee, tea and filter-water are also available throughout the day. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options can be arranged.
- Stylish tropical lodging. 6 nights of luxury accommodations at Sansara Resort. Crafted by local artisans in Panama, every cabana is unique and designed to inspire serenity and bliss. Infused with essential oils, laden with hypoallergenic bedding and filled with natural, organic body products. The cabanas are just steps away from the Pacific Ocean in one direction and the wild, mountainous jungle in the other. See pricing information below for room availability and amenities.
- Stand Up Paddling – Glide on water and experience Panama’s stunning coastline while enjoying breathtaking views and exotic sea life from your paddleboard. Enjoy complimentary use of Stand Up Paddleboards during the retreat.
- Kayaking – Enjoy a refreshing paddle on the Pacific Ocean. The protected bay is perfect paddling for beginners as well as experienced paddlers. Complimentary use of a Kayak is part of the retreat.
- Cooking Class (complimentary)
- Outdoor Pool Overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Cool off and chill out in the stunning open air salt water pool overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
- Cinema Night and Beach Bonfire. Mid-way through the retreat we will have a movie night. And weather permitting we will have a night by a bonfire on the beach.
- Buddha Bar. At the Buddha Bar you can purchase fresh squeezed juices, smoothies, world-class cocktails, spirits, fine wines and local artisan beers.
- Lots of Other Activities Plenty of time to be as active as you want.
We will be staying at Sansara Surf and Yoga Resort, in Cambutal, Panama. Located at the southernmost point of Panama in the Azuero Peninsula, Cambutal is a small village in the province of Los Santos, and is approximately 5 hours away from the countries capital; Panama City.
The accommodations include tropical air conditioned cabanas designed to inspire serenity and bliss, a beautiful swimming pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean, an outside yoga studio equipped with mats and a full range of props, an onsite spa, plus meals featuring local produce and seafood as well as a bar serving fresh juices, smoothies, hand crafted cocktails, wine and locally brewed beer on tap.
Optional Activities and/or Add Ons:
- Surfing for All Levels. One group surf lesson is included with the retreat. Other small group or private instruction can be added on. At Sansara you have quick, easy access to beach breaks, point breaks, and reef break surf options. With the warm, inviting water surrounding Sansara, there is no need for a wetsuit. Cambutal is home to some of the best waves on the pacific coast, crashing along beaches that are clean and blissfully empty. The area boasts a perfect blend of geography and wind, creating prime conditions to satisfy every surfer. Regardless of your skill level, Sansara’s personable instructors will make sure you stay safe and get the very most out of your lesson and time in the ocean.
- Sansara Resort Spa. The onsite Sansara Resort Spa is a sanctuary for relaxation and optimal well being, all within the comfort of the resort’s tranquil setting. A variety of services are available including Integrative Deep Tissue, Integrative Relaxation Massage, Lymphatic drainage massage, Cranial Sacral Massage, Reiki and Facial Treatments ranging from 60 to 90 minutes.
- Biking – Complimentary with your stay, is the use of beach cruiser style bicycles.
- Hiking – Enjoy guided or unguided nature hikes through Panama’s pristine nature reserves. The nearby Cerro Hoya National Park is just one of the beautiful hiking options where you may see monkeys, macaws, coatis, iguanas, gigantic rainforest trees, and stunning orchids.
- Swimming/Snorkeling – At Sansara, you can experience a protected area for swimming and snorkeling as the resort is situated in a beautiful protected bay. Snorkeling equipment is onsite.
- Fishing and/or Boat Trip –Cruise the Panamanian pacific coastline (tuna coast) and witness the amazing views, and abundance of natural wildlife. For those wishing to fish, you can look forward to catching tuna and Mahi Mahi. Rates vary based on the excursion.
- Ranchito Cabana – shared house for up to 4. (4 twin beds spread out on 2 separate levels, air conditioning, mini fridge, private patio)
- Anahata Cabana – shared house for up to 3. (3 twin beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, private patio)
- Cedro Espino Cabana – shared house for up to 2. (2 queen beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, private patio)
- Casa Antigua Cabana – shared house for up to 2. (1 king bed or 2 twin beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, private patio)
- Rio Chico Cabana – shared house for up to 2. (1 king bed or 2 twin beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, private patio)
- Rio Grande Cabana – shared house for up to 2. (1 king bed or 2 twin beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, private patio)
Retreat Price Includes:
- Luxury Van Transportation to and from Panama City to Sansara, Cambutal
- 6 nights of luxury accommodations in air conditioned beachfront cabanas.
- Daily Yoga classes taught by Savonn. Yoga mats and other props are provided.
- New Year Intention Setting Workshop
- New Year’s Eve Celebrations
- Meals/Beverages/Fresh Fruit: Arrival day dinner and departure day breakfast along with 3 healthy, balanced meals daily for the 5 days in between arrival/departure. Plus fresh fruit, local fair trade coffee, tea and filter-water are available throughout the day.
- Transportation between Panama City and Sansara (Pick up to Sansara is on Sunday, December 30 beginning at 9am from 4 recommended hotels in Panama City, Drop off from Sansara back to Panama City is on Saturday, March 24 leaving at 8:30am from Sansara returning to Panama City approx. 5 hours later). Specific info about transportation and hotel recommendations will be provided as soon as you sign up or inquire about the retreat.
- 1 Complimentary Intro to Surf Lesson. All levels (including absolute beginners) are welcome.
- Complimentary use of SUPs and/or Kayaks.
- Unlimited use of beach cruiser style bicycles.
- Complimentary Cooking Class
- Organic bathroom products shampoo/conditioner/soap.
- Hypoallergenic beddings and towels.
- Beach towels included in room.
Retreat Price does NOT include: airfare, additional excursions/activities, any meals outside of Sansara, travel insurance (highly recommended), massages and spa treatments, gratuities, snacks/smoothies/juices, Budhha Bar purchases (cocktails, beer, wine, etc), additional surf lessons and/or rentals, items of a personal nature/souvenirs.
It is highly advised that you plan on arriving in Panama City by Saturday, December 29 and staying the night at one of the following recommended hotel. Remember that pick up to Sansara, on Sunday, December 30, will begin at 9am from these hotels. By getting to Panama City on December 29, you will have ample time to arrive in Panama, rest, sightsee and get ready for the rest of our week in Cambutal at the Sansara Resort. If you do not find accommodations at any of these hotels, you can stay nearby and meet the van at one of the hotels. More information about transport and pick up will be provided when you sign up for the retreat.
New Year's Eve Retreat in Panama$500 deposit secures your spot in the retreat
- Secure your space with a $500.00 non-refundable deposit made payable through Sansara Resorts registration system.
- 30 days prior to your retreat start date, the remaining balance will be charged to the card on file.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: We recommend that you get travel insurance in case of any life situation that may alter your plans. Check out travelinsure.com, insuremytrip.com, or any other option provided by your credit card, airline or travel company.
Having never met Savonn or attended her studio (due to the fact that I live in Boston, rather than Portland), I didn’t exactly know what I was signing up for. All I knew is that I wanted a warm place to go in the middle of March and I wanted to do some yoga. Somehow the trip was exactly what I wanted without me knowing it. Savonn is an excellent yoga teacher, she immediately addressed the things I wanted to work on. She used terminology that made sense to me and I was able to connect what I was supposed to be doing with what my body was actually doing. A few weeks later, and I’m feeling stronger than ever after the retreat! The more surprising and rewarding experience was being able to spend a week with a wonderful group of incredibly inspiring women of all ages. It was amazing to be part of such a positive environment
The Panama retreat was exactly what I needed. It was the perfect combination of fun activities and plenty of relaxation time. Daily yoga with Savonn is the solid foundation for a week of self care. From there, the rest is up to you. Whether you’re in the mood to surf, walk the beach, get a massage, or spend the afternoon curled in a hammock with a good book. It’s all there for you. The staff at Sansara Resort are all wonderful too. They really take the time to learn your preferences and get to know you. Add in some of the best cuisine you can imagine, and you end up with the perfect word to describe the whole thing… BLISS! I would recommend this retreat to anyone!
Savonn’s “Panama Bliss” retreat truly delivered on its name!
The trip began in old town Panama City known as Casco Viejo which hosts stunning 18th century architecture that is in the process of experiencing a renaissance. This area is full of restaurants and bars and is the social hub of the Panamanian nightlife. My biggest regret on this trip was not spending more time here to explore the high quality museums and the Panama Canal. Staying here for a few days is a MUST.
Sansara Resort offered exactly what I was looking for: a remote paradise to disconnect entirely from urban life paired with the creature comforts from home. The resort is about a 6.5-hour shuttle ride from Panama City in a comfortable, air-conditioned van. The accommodations were spotless and beautifully designed using almost entirely locally sourced materials. The resort put love into all of the details from the high quality bed linens to the organic toiletries provided. Air conditioning was available in all of the rooms if you chose to use it. Towels at the pool were kept well-stocked and delicious food and drink were available during all waking hours. I have never felt safer anywhere I have traveled and never even had to lock my Cabana the entire time I was there (and this is coming from someone who locks her doors when inside her own home in Portland) and I felt completely comfortable venturing out on my own as a woman.
Sansara offered miles of quiet, untouched beaches to explore and warm ocean to swim in. They had SUP’s and Kayaks available for use as well as a daily schedule of surf lessons with experienced surf instructors who were clearly committed to helping you experience the joys of surfing as well as feeling accomplished in your achievements. The resort was nestled between the Pacific Ocean and beautiful hills on a quiet dirt road that was the perfect spot for long walks or bike rides on the complimentary beach cruisers offered by the resort.
The Yoga Shala sat directly on the ocean in the open air where you could hear the waves crashing with the rhythm your breath as you moved through your asanas. The Shala temperature was surprisingly comfortable between the combination of the ocean breeze and available ceiling fans installed in the Shala. The resort truly provided ALL of the yoga essentials for practice, and often had chilled hand towels waiting for you after class to wipe away your efforts.
If you are looking for a place to truly unwind, this is the place to go. You have enough down time to create the experience you want, whether it be a day filled with surfing and yoga, reading on the beach or pool in one of the comfortable lounge chairs, or getting a massage or Reiki in an open air cabana on the beach. This remote area of Panama is being discovered and this is your chance to experience this beautiful paradise while it is still untouched!