with Savonn Wyland
Thursday, October 11 – Sunday, October 14, 2018
Thursday, May 2 – Sunday, May 5, 2019
$635 for the full retreat (3 nights/4 days)
Enjoy 3 nights and 4 days of taking care of yourself at Sakura Ridge Farm and Lodge in Hood River, Oregon. Make self care a priority with Yoga and Myofascial Release Classes, Luxury Accommodations, Meals and more!
- Daily Yoga and/or Myofascial Release Classes taught by Savonn (6 total classes: Thursday evening, Friday morning and early evening, Saturday morning and early evening, Sunday morning).
- Award winning homemade granola, yogurt, and tea/coffee will be available around 7am each morning.
- Gourmet brunch (Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings) fresh from the farm (including eggs from the coop), berries from the garden and other local produce will be served in the dining room (with stunning views of Mt. Hood).
- 3 nights of luxury accommodations
The classes will be theme based and will be a blend of styles to best fit the overall group and time of day. You will experience a variety of nurturing classes that will enable you to feel focused and clear, and depending on the type of practice more energized or relaxed.
Optional Excursions and/or Add Ons:
- Hiking: lots of options near to Hood River and along the Columbia River Gorge.
- One on one yoga session with Savonn.
- Wine Tastings/Tours around Hood River (many nearby options).
- Art Galleries and Museums or sight seeing and shopping in the town of Hood River.
- Biking, Hiking, Kayaking, and other outdoor activities.
- Deeply restorative bodywork can be arranged onsite or locally in Hood River.
The retreat will be held at the stunning Sakura Ridge Farm and Lodge in Hood River, Oregon, just about an hour drive north of Portland. Located in the heart of the Columbia Gorge scenic area, Sakura Farm and Lodge is perched on 72 acres of land. The farm has thousands of fruit trees and gardens filled with vegetables, herbs and berries. The area nearby is surrounded by miles of trails for hiking or running, and plenty of wineries and eateries for sipping and savoring. The town of Hood River is a convenient 5 mile drive away.
Sakura Ridge Farm and Lodge has world class views of Mt. Hood and the surrounding area. The lodge is the right balance of rustic, tasteful and classy. The rooms have handcrafted hickory and cherry wood furniture, local artwork and private baths. There are acres of orchards, award winning gardens, wide open spaces and woodland areas for you to enjoy while staying at Sakura.
Rooms are double-occupancy, with 2 beds in each room or a couple can share a larger bed. All rooms have their own attached bath. All rooms have amazing views including direct views of cultivated gardens, Mt. Hood, rolling hills and valleys and expansive sky.
- 6 group classes (1-2 per day )
- 3 nights accommodation
- 3 early am snacks (granola/yogurt/milk/coffee/tea)
- 3 delicious brunches (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy free options can be requested in advance).
- Free time to simply stay at Sakura and read, nap, walk and visit and be surrounded by nature or time to explore, adventure, sight see and have fun visiting nearby trails, sights, and the town of Hood River.
Please use the buttons on the right to either pay your $300 deposit to secure your spot in the retreat or chose to pay in full $635.
- 6 group Yoga and/or Myofascial Release classes (1-2 per day)
- 3 nights and 4 days of accommodations at Sakura Ridge Lodge and Farm
- homemade granola, yogurt, milk, coffee/tea in the early am before the morning classes
- 3 delicious gourmet brunches (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy free options can be requested in advance).
Frequently Asked Questions and Good Things to Know
What is the group size? Do I need to sign up with a friend or can I come solo?
The group size is limited to 10. There are 5 bedrooms that can accommodate 2 people per room.
You can sign up with a friend or plan on coming solo. We will do our best to match you up with a great roommate.
How do I sign up? When are payments due?
You can reserve your spot with a $300 deposit. The remaining payment is due 30 days before the start of your retreat. We prefer that you sign up online using a credit card. However, you can also make arrangements with Savonn to pay by cash or check. The balance will be charged to your credit card on file. That charge will be run 30 days before the retreat starts unless prior arrangements have been made to pay on an alternate day or with different payment type.
Can you tell me more about the lodge and the food situation?
The lodge has both a wonderful inside and outside common area. Inside there is a small full kitchen (including fridge, stove, utensils, etc.). Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available 24/7. Inside there is also space to hang out, to chat, read or chill out on handmade rocking chairs or comfy sofas. There is a cozy wood burner and an inside swing too.
Dinner is on your own each evening. You can bring a meal to Sakura Ridge or head out to nearby Hood River and/or White Salmon. Many times small groups will decide to eat out together or stay in “potluck” style.
Brunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be served around 10am. After the group classes. Granola/Yogurt along with coffee/tea will be available around 7am every morning.
You can bring extra food and store it in your room’s small fridge or in the larger fridge in the common area.
If you have dietary restrictions please let us know in advance. Deanna, the chef, does her best to accommodate gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian or vegan requests.
You can bring your own wine/beer/cider. Please act responsibly and with moderation with regards to consuming alcohol.
Is there a weekend schedule?
Below is a typical schedule for the retreat. Times may change slightly.
Do I need to bring my own yoga mat and/or other props?
If you have your own mat please bring it with you. If you do not have a mat or if you are flying into Portland and do not want to bring a mat, let Savonn know. She has extras that she can loan to you.
Savonn will also bring along all the other props that you will be using in the classes.
What is your payment, cancellation and refund policy?
Please note that the $300 deposit is non-refundable and secures your spot for the retreat. Full payment is due 30 days before your retreat. If you have paid in full before 30 days of the start of the retreat and need to cancel, we will offer you a full refund (not including the deposit) minus a $75 processing fee. As we need to pay the retreat center in advance, no refunds will be given for cancellations later than 30 days before the start date.
What Some Others Have Said About the Retreat
“You created a glorious yoga retreat weekend for me, and I am so grateful for the time, space, beauty, coaching, peace, joy and good fun I enjoyed as a result. Sakura was magical and I hope to join you and others there again soon. Thank you for creating such a fabulous retreat.”
“One of the ways I can tell I’ve been on a great vacation is how difficult re-entry is back into the ‘real’ world. It has been rough since we left Sakura. Our yoga retreat with you exceeded our wildest imaginings. The classes were warm and nurturing and we both learned new things. Of course the food was outstanding and our fellow retreaters were lovely, interesting people. And the accommodations– well, I haven’t really found the words to describe a room that is perched overlooking Mt. Hood and is surrounded by flowering fruit trees and farm animals– baby lambs! I’m pretty sure that’s an idyllic a venue as I’m likely to experience is this lifetime. Thank You. We are both so grateful for all that Sellwood Yoga has brought to our lives.”
“What a wonderful gift it has been to be back at Sakura with you – a magical setting, an amazingly gifted teacher and a great group! Thank your for all you have done to bring us together, our positive approach, and light and hope.”
“I am a newbie to yoga and was apprehensive about the weekend. However, the instruction catered to the very experienced participants and to me. It was invigorating and inspiring. I’m 72–somewhat ancient–but I came away feeling wonderful. An amazing weekend with wonderful people.”