with Elise Collins
Saturday and Sunday, July 25 – 26, 2020
$250/Receive a $50 discount when you register one month in advance.
Saturday afternoon 1:30 – 4:15
Saturday evening 5:45 – 8:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 – 4:00 pm
8 Hours Total
Learn to comfortably adapt your practice from age 50 -100. In this weekend immersion, you will learn about the physical, emotional, spiritual and mental benefits of practicing yoga as you grow older. It will address yoga for common age-related concerns, as well as maintenance of physical strength and flexibility. Learn how yoga can offer relief from symptoms of many chronic age-related conditions. The immersion will cover yoga’s influence on the nervous system and how yoga can reduce the stress response, which is known to accelerate the aging process. Yoga students will learn to utilize the tools of yoga for a rich and rewarding second half of life.
This immersion will include:
- How to make your own practice “age-friendly”
- Yoga poses and techniques for many age-related conditions
- Meditations and yoga practices for age-related mental, psychological and spiritual growth
- How to address ageism in the yoga industry as well as internalized ageism
- Home practice and private yoga for older adults
- How to use yoga to embrace the gift of aging
- A study guide and bibliography of further resources
Instructor — Elise Collins
As a yogini and teacher, Elise Collins loves to guide students to delve beneath the surface of their daily lives to find deeper meaning and inspiration. In her classes the breath, one’s thoughts and yoga poses are doorways to quieting the mind and connecting to beauty, authenticity and grace within. Elise has studied with many master teachers including Judith Lasater and Ramanand Patel. She is a certified Relax and Renew trainer and instructed participants in a 2 year NIH funded study on the effects of Restorative Yoga for Metabolic Syndrome. Her other practice is writing. She is the author of Chakra Tonics, Essential Elixirs for Mind, Body and Spirit and An A-Z Guide to Healing Foods, A Shoppers Companion.