Before You Arrive
- We recommend that you arrive 10-15 minutes before each class in order to get signed in and settled into the practice space—especially if it’s your first visit.
- Wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothes you can move easily in.
- Bring a water bottle if you think you’ll need it.
- Bring your own yoga mat if you have one; we also have studio mats available for rent as well.
- If you sweat easily, you may want to bring a hand towel for faster-paced classes.
At the Studio
- Our front desk staff and/or an instructor is on hand at the beginning of each class to greet you or to answer any questions.
- Sign in at the front desk before each class.
- If you’re a drop-in student you can purchase a pass or pay for a drop in class. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Please talk to the instructor before the start of the class if you have any injuries or if you are brand new to yoga or pilates.
- Cell phones should be turned off before entering the studio. Please do not use your phone in the practice space.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the practice space and leave them in the lobby; there is also space for you to hang your coat and store your belongings.
- We have 2 bathrooms that are located near to the lobby.
- Props (such as blocks, straps, blankets and bolsters) are available for your use.
- Most classes at Bernal Yoga take place with mats in rows facing the back wall; however, in some classes, students will be in a circle with the back of each mat against a wall. Note how other students are positioning their mat, and ask the instructor if you have questions.
- Please be flexible when it comes to mat position and make space for others if needed.
During and After Class
- Listen to your body, and rest when you need to.
- Let your instructor know if you are confused, experiencing pain, or having any other trouble.
- If you are going to be more than 10 minutes late to a class, it’s best to come to another class; if you arrive within the first 10 minutes of class, please try to enter, gather props, and set up your space as quietly and unobtrusively as you can.
- If you need to leave early, please let your instructor know before the class has started.
- After class, please put away your props neatly, referring to the picture on the wall to see how blankets, blocks, and bolsters etc. should be stored.